In 2021, OSFC is leading the way with 3 new T Levels in the Science, Healthcare Science and Health Sectors. At the end of these technical qualifications, students will be industry ready and they will prepare students for the world of work.
The substantial collaboration with leading employers in the sector enables us to ensure these technical qualifications reflect the needs of the health and science sector and specialist occupations they serve – in turn supporting students’ preparation for work or further study in the sector.
This course is like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
- We mix A Level content informed by an industry provider panel to ensure everything we teach is what is happening in industry right now!
- We match students to industry placements with key employers leading the way in the health and science sectors. This will continue for a minimum of 45 days (315 hours) giving you a great work experience to take into employment. No course offers this much industry experience.
Download course profiles:
You will study 1 subject. Study is mainly classroom based, that will cover the core content. For the 3 T Levels offered at OSFC in Science, Healthcare Science and Health, all will follow a core content pathway in year 1 that covers the following areas:
- Working within the Health and Science sector
- Health, Safety and Environmental regulations in the Health and Science sector
- Managing information and data within the Health and Science sector
- Good Scientific and Clinical Practice
- Core Science concepts
You will also be given the opportunity to build work experience and gain valuable insight into the working environment of a Science or Healthcare related industry.
You will continue your studies in the same subject choosing a specialism. Study will be mainly through industry placement and related projects.
The specialisms for the Healthcare Science T Level are:
- Pharmacy Services
- Healthcare Science
The specialisms for the Science T Level are:
- Laboratory Sciences
The specialisms for the Health T level are:
- Adult nursing
- Mental health
- Children & young people
Maths at grade 4 and English grade 4 are essential.
Health and Science T Level Assessment Roadmap:
On completion of the program, the Department for Education has confirmed that on their T Level certificate, students will receive:
- An overall grade, shown as pass, merit, distinction or distinction*.
- A separate grade for the core component, shown as A* to E.
- A separate grade for each occupational specialism studied, shown as pass, merit or distinction.
- Confirmation that the minimum requirements for Maths and English qualifications have been met.
- Confirmation that the industry placement has been successfully completed.
- Confirmation that any additional mandatory requirements have been met.
Higher Education Destinations:
The Department for Education decided to give the T Level grades of Pass, Merit and Distinction UCAS points so if you decide to go onto higher education then this qualification still enables you to do that.
|UCAS Tariff points||T Level overall grade||A Level Equivalent|
|168||Distinction*||A* A* A*|
|144||Distinction||A A A|
|120||Merit||B B B|
|96||Pass (C or above on the core)||C C C|
|72||Pass (D or E on the core)||D D D|
The skills gained from this course will be useful in a range of careers and HE courses, including Adult Nursing, Midwifery, Mental Health, Pharmacy and Laboratory Sciences.