Meet our business partners:
The government has targeted the areas in industry where there is a skills shortage and will be rolling a series of T Levels out over the next three years. We are one of 50 hand-picked providers to offer the first wave of T Levels starting in September 2020. OSFC will be delivering the Digital T Level which will allow successful students to enter directly into employment or progress onto university.The digital sector is crying out for young, highly skilled and ambitious people that will shape the digital industry forever. We all know that computers shape our lives from the phone in your pocket to the big banks of industry and this course covers a range of topics from current affairs to programming skills.This course is like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
- We mix A Level content informed by an industry provider panel to ensure everything we teach is what is happening in industry right now!
- We match students to industry placements with key employers leading the way in the digital sector. This will continue for a minimum of 45 days (315 hours) giving you a great work experience to take into employment. No course offers this much industry experience.
Core Knowledge and Skills Year 1 Knowledge Module 1: Digital Analysis, Legislation and Emerging Issues (2.5 Hour Exam) 1 – Problem solving 2 – Introduction to programming 3 – Emerging issues and impact of digital 4 – Legislation and regulatory requirements
Knowledge Module 2: The Business Environment (2.5 Hour Exam) 5 – Business Context6 – Data7 – Digital Environments8 – Security
Core Project – Employer-set Project (14.5 Hour Externally Set Project)
Task 1: Planning a project
Task 2: Identifying and fixing defects in an existing code
Task 3: Designing a solution
Task 4a: Developing a solution Task
Task 4b: Reflective evaluation
Entry Requirements: Maths at grade 4 and English grade 4 are essential.
Students who have studied GCSE Computer Science or ICT are preferable.
There are a number of industry tasters during the first year to help you make the decision on what kind of experience you want to work on during your industry placement. With our state of the art refurbishment we will have an IT hub where we will invite industry leaders to come into the college to talk and provide students with first hand experiences about the best ways to get into the sector. The rest of the OSFC Xtras program is also open to T Level students during their time at the college.Outcome:On completion of the program, the Department for Education has confirmed that on their T Level certificate, students will receive:
- An overall grade, shown as pass, merit, distinction or distinction*.
- A separate grade for the core component, shown as A* to E.
- A separate grade for each occupational specialism studied, shown as pass, merit or distinction.
- Confirmation that the minimum requirements for Maths and English qualifications have been met.
- Confirmation that the industry placement has been successfully completed.
- Confirmation that any additional mandatory requirements have been met.
Higher Education Destinations:
The Department for Education decided to give the T Level grades of Pass, Merit and Distinction UCAS points so if you decide to go onto higher education then this qualification still enables you to do that.Future Destinations:There are a number of areas that are open to you upon completion of the course. As you will be covering areas such as digital analysis, legislation, emerging digital issues, the business environment, problem solving skills and practical programming. This means you cover a wide range of topics relating to the biggest areas of the digital sector. You will have experience to tackle any of the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Network Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Information Technology for Business
|UCAS Tariff points||T Level overall grade||A Level Equivalent|
|168||Distinction*||A* A* A*|
|144||Distinction||A A A|
|120||Merit||B B B|
|96||Pass (C or above on the core)||C C C|
|72||Pass (D or E on the core)||D D D|