Electronics is a practical subject in which we cover the skills and knowledge required to design, make, test and modify circuits to meet an agreed project target. People with knowledge of this subject are always in demand because modern society is dependent on electronics, whether it be for communicating, controlling machines, processing information on computers or using modern medical techniques. An exciting feature is the coursework, which consists of individually chosen projects. We recommend you study Mathematics A Level to support development of the necessary skills for Electronics.
Higher Education Destinations:
- The University of Manchester – Software Engineering
- The University of Manchester – Anatomical Sciences with Industrial/Professional Experience (4 years)
- The University of Salford – Aeronautical Engineering with Foundation Year
- The University of Liverpool- Engineering
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Electronics is an ideal stepping-stone to HE courses in Engineering, Computing and Science and careers in areas such as the Electronics Industry, Avionics, IT and Engineering. Students will be able to develop analytical and problem solving skills, as well as learning how to use their initiative to develop solutions.
You will need a minimum grade 5 in Combined Science or at least two 5s from single Science GCSEs.
Year 1 and Year 2 80% Exam 20% Coursework