You will enjoy Photography if you have a creative eye and are interested in experimenting with and exploring photography techniques, alongside learning what makes a photograph successful in visual terms. On the course, you will learn about photography in different contexts with themes of work including People, Places, Abstraction and Architecture. You will be taught how to use Digital SLR cameras to create innovative photographs and also how Adobe Photoshop can be used to enhance images further. Projects will allow you to explore ideas through a thorough design process and you will be introduced a variety of existing photography work to inspire and inform your own creative development.
Higher Education Destinations:
- The University of Salford- Photography
- Manchester Metropolitan University- Multimedia Journalism
- The University of Huddersfield- Fashion Design with Textiles
- The University of Leeds- Graphic and Communication Design
- Nottingham Trent University- Fashion Marketing and Branding
Photography leads into HE Art and Design courses or careers in Graphic Design, Fashion, Film, Advertising, Journalism and Photography. Photography also develops a wide range of skills, including critical analysis, creativity and practical problem solving.
You don’t need any prior art and design qualifications or training to study this course.
Year 1 and Year 2 100% coursework