The Fine Art course at OSFC offers an exciting way for you to investigate, create and discuss fine art. You’ll develop skills in fine art through projects that encourage you to work in a number of ways such as: undertaking primary and secondary research, drawing and sketching, using ICT (for example digital cameras and software like Photoshop), developing ideas, reviewing and refining in order to create coherent final outcomes. This process will enable you express yourself and also develop your appreciation of the work of others.
Higher Education Destinations:
- The University of Huddersfield – Contemporary Art and Illustration
- The University of Huddersfield – Interior Design
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Product Design and Technology
- Leeds Beckett University – Landscape Architecture and Design
- The University of Oxford – Fine Art with French Studies
The Fine Art A Level helps students develop their creative skills and attention to detail and is ideal for careers and HE courses in all areas of Design, Cultural Studies, Architecture and Photography. The skills you’ll develop are essential for any Art and Design career.
Students need a 4 or above in Art & Design GCSE or a merit at BTEC. Portfolios of work will be considered for applicants with no art background. The ability to draw and paint is essential.
1 Year 100% Exam
2 Year 60% Portfolio Component 40% Exam