The College fully recognises its statutory and moral responsibilities for safeguarding our young people and providing them with the information and tools they need to keep themselves safe. We continually review our safeguarding systems in response to government guidance, social trends and emerging dangers.
As well as links to our Safeguarding and Child Protection documents, this section also includes some tips and resources to help parents keep their child safe.
Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
Our main focus at OSFC is to ensure our students are able to progress and succeed in a safe and supportive environment, where their safety is paramount. Our safeguarding policies and procedures are there to ensure our students are safe and protected from harm, and to provide an environment in which they can thrive.
This means we will always work to:
- Raise awareness of safeguarding themes and issues
- Equip staff, students and parents with the skills and information needed to keep our young people safe
- Establish a safe physical and online environment in which students can learn, progress and develop
The safeguarding policy will ensure we develop and put into practice:
- Procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- Safe recruitment processes and procedures to check the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with students
- Mechanisms for supporting students who have experienced, or are experiencing, abuse in cooperation with relevant external agencies
- Procedures for reporting and dealing with allegations of abuse against members of staff, including appropriate whistle blowing procedures.
OSFC Safeguarding Team
Emma HartAssistant Principal - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Jenny KingWelfare and Additional Learning Support Manager - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Jill WilsonWelfare and Additional Support Officer
Aqsa YasinStudent Welfare and Learning Support Officer
Zahida SarwarSafeguarding Admin Support
If you have a safeguarding concern about your child or another child who attends the College, please contact us on 0161 287 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org during college hours. If this is an urgent matter and you believe a young person to be at immediate risk of harm, then please contact the emergency services without delay.
All members of the safeguarding team can be reached using the details above during term time.
Safeguarding and Online Safety
The recent developments in online education mean we need to support our students to stay safe and well online more than ever.
We have collated a range of helpful websites for both parents and students to use in order to stay safe online:
Child Exploitation and Online Protection resources:
Current information on Apps, Games and Social Networking sites:
Guide for Parents and Young People who have got into trouble online:
Guide for Parents on Online Radicalisation and Extremism: