What Makes OSFC Different?
Quite simply, our commitment to your success.
Our ambition is to be the first-choice post-16 provider for young people in Oldham and for miles around. We are doing this by combining aspiration and opportunity to transform lives.
By giving you the knowledge, skills and behaviours to thrive, our vision is that you and every OSFC student leave us confident, independent and resilient, prepared for the next chapter of your lives, whatever that may be.
Sounds good, but how do we actually do it?
The easy answer is that there are countless ways; here are some of the crucial parts that make up the OSFC Experience.
At OSFC, you can expect teachers who will be:
- Subject specialists
- Completely committed to your personal development
- Respectful and ready to work with you as an adult
- Responsive to your individual needs
Our university-style campus has a broad range of open and flexible study spaces, enabling you to develop your independent study skills and collaborate with classmates.
Our Xtras Programme is the envy of schools and colleges across the country. You will benefit from access to a HUGE range of activities.
These will help you to find interests you didn’t know you had, supplement your classroom learning and be invaluable to boost university/apprenticeship/job applications. Importantly, Xtras is also there to make sure you have fun!
We know that OSFC is a stepping stone to great things for you. Our role is to help you get there. Here are just some of the things available:
- A dedicated progress tutor to guide you on every step of your OSFC journey
- A very experienced team of careers advisors
- Help finding tailored work placements
- Specialist support for high achievers (Oxbridge, AMP, ALP)
- Additional support, whenever it is needed
- A range of opportunities to attend trips, exchanges, talks and debates with prestigious visiting speakers