Results Day Year 13
Come in and celebrate your success in The Know with your friends and teachers!
Practicalities…A Level, BTEC and AS Level results come out on THURSDAY 13 AUGUST 2015If you’ve applied to university, then UCAS Track will confirm whether you have been accepted by your firm and insurance choices. This confirmation may well be in place before you get your results, but it may also take longer – so don’t worry if you don’t hear from UCAS straightaway.Results will be sent to you on your college e-mail address by 8.00am, so you will need to know your college username and password. Please be aware that the volume of e-mails to be sent may slow this service down. If you’re having problems accessing your results, or have forgotten your password, please call the college (0161 287 8000) and ask for IT Services.Alternatively, you can come to The Know and print your results there.Either way,
- What can I do if my grades are better than expected?
If you are happy with the university place you have firmly accepted, and have met the entry requirements, well done! There is nothing more for you to do, other than to wait for further communication from your university of choice and the student loans company.However, if you were disappointed with the university offers you received and want to explore whether there are alternative courses still available to you, then adjustment is worth considering. You can register for adjustment, and examine other possibilities, for 5 days without losing your original unconditional firm place. There is no guarantee that you will find options that you prefer, but there is no harm in looking. Please see the UCAS website for more details.
- What can I do if I have not gained the grades that I need?
Firstly, don’t panic!Go onto UCAS Track and check if you have been accepted by your firm or insurance choices; the terms ‘unconditional’, ‘accepted’ or ‘confirmed’ all mean you have a place.If you just missed out on your grades, and it still says ‘conditional’ against a university, then it means they are still considering whether to confirm your place or not. Keep checking back for updates, as they can take a while to all come through on UCAS, and ring universities to find out the latest position.If you cannot sort out any issues on results day, and would like further guidance, the Senior Leadership Team will also be available on Friday 14 August, between 10.00am and 4.00pm, to discuss any problems arising from your results. You will need to make an appointment on results day to see one of the senior leaders.Finally…
- Still need careers advice? You can still access support from the careers staff, even though you have left college. Ring 0161 287 8000 and ask for a careers appointment. Alternatively, e-mail Joanne Boyes (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kevin Reece (email@example.com).
- Book return: if you have yet to return any college books, please bring them along tomorrow.
- Celebration Evening: we are already looking forward to seeing you after your first term at university, or after you have entered employment, and will be delighted to see you at our Celebration Evening on Thursday 17 December. There will be details about this fantastic event in your results e-mail.
- Keeping in contact: we love hearing about how our ex-students are getting on after they have left college, so sign up to our twitter account specifically for you: @OSFC_Alumni. And if you haven’t given us your latest e-mail address, please let us know before you leave college – so we can contact you about future events in which you might be interested.
Good luck for tomorrow! We’re looking forward to celebrating your results with you in The Know – drinks and snacks will be on offer too…