Resources Loan Policy
While studying at Oldham Sixth Form College, students may be issued with resources to support their learning. Please be aware that these resources remain the property of the Sixth Form College at all times and include ANYTHING loaned to a student (such as books, equipment etc).
There are a number of guidelines relating to these resources that we ask students to adhere to. These guidelines are listed below for your information.
- Students should only use the resources for College related purposes.
- Students must check that the resources are in a satisfactory condition and report any problems/damage immediately to the member of staff issuing the resource.
- Resources must not be passed on to other students/persons and the student must accept full responsibility for its safe-keeping and appropriate use.
- Resources should be kept in a secure location at all times when not in use (on or off site).
- The College will not be responsible for any damage caused by malfunction of the resource whilst off site or in transit.
- Parents may need to check that their insurance covers any equipment on loan, particularly with regard to camcorders and more expensive items, as the College’s insurers will not cover items taken off site.
- Students will be responsible for the removal of their personal or course-related data before the resource is returned.
- Equipment must not be used to download or produce any offensive or illegal content (e.g. violent, pornographic or racist material or illegally downloaded music or films).
- All software pre-installed on equipment is licensed to the College for sole use by the student and no other software should be installed.
- If the resource is damaged or lost then parents/guardians will be liable for the cost of replacement or repair if reasonable precautions have not been taken. The cost of replacement will be based on the College’s standard specification at the time of the loss, and any repairs will be charged at cost.
- Students must return the resource by the end of the specified period. Failure to return the goods will result in the College raising an invoice for the full replacement value.