What is the Enrichment Programme?
The Enrichment programme offers a wide range of courses that can benefit students in a number of ways. The courses enable them to gain an additional qualification, develop an interest, have fun and prepare for employment or University.
- courses such as First Aid, Pre-teaching, Sports Leaders Award and Gym Fitness Instructor enable students with particular vocational aims to acquire specific skills and recognised qualifications which will help them in their future career
- taking part in Work Shadowing or Volunteering, which can enhance applications for University courses, or perhaps act as a ‘taster’ for their future career
- Foreign Language courses:interest-based courses in areas like Sport, Music, Drama and Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme. These enable students from across the College, who otherwise might not meet, to participate together
- These include courses for students who have passed GCSE in a language and courses for beginners
- They are offered in French, German, and Spanish and Italian
- Citizenship, Critical Thinking, and Science in Society provide an opportunity to achieve an additional AS or A2 qualification. These are valued by HE and employers
- Junior University extension workshops and Oxbridge Groups: for students with the ambition and potential to apply for a place at Oxford, Cambridge or other prestigious Universities. These groups provide the opportunity to get together with other students and prepare for their application and interview.