Terms of Reference
The Personnel Committee comprises 6 members, including the Principal. Membership of the Committee is reviewed annually.
EXTENT OF POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE
This Committee, one of two mandatory Committees, operates in an advisory capacity. A report on discussions is presented by the Chair of the Committee to the full Board and any recommendations made by the Committee can only be implemented following full Board approval.
The Committee will:
1. Review and update the Protocol for the recruitment of members of the Corporation;
2. Advise on the appointment of members to the Corporation, in accordance with the agreed and published Protocol;
3. Advise on matters relating to membership and appointment, including obtaining, screening and short-listing nominations in respect of vacancies and for determining the process whereby candidates are nominated;
4. From time to time, consider and make recommendations to the Corporation on the composition and balance of membership to maintain equality and diversity and ensure that the Board truly reflects the community it serves;
5. Make recommendations to the Board on the composition and membership of the Corporation in accordance with the agreed list of desired skills and experience;
6. Monitor overall membership of the Corporation with a view to succession planning.
At least 3 members must be present to constitute a quorum, the majority of whom must not be members of staff.
APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR
The Committee Chair shall be appointed annually, at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 April.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
The Committee shall meet to discuss and recommend the appointment of members whenever a vacancy occurs or a Governor reaches the end of their term of office. In the event that this does not occur during the year, the Committee shall meet at least once per year to review overall membership.
ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS
The Clerk shall attend and minute all meetings of this Committee.
REVIEW OF TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Terms of Reference for this Committee shall be reviewed every 4 years at the first meeting of the academic year.