Terms of Reference
The Quality Committee comprises 7 members, including the Principal. Membership of the Committee is reviewed annually.
APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR
The Committee Chair shall be appointed annually, at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 April.
EXTENT OF POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE
This Committee operates in an advisory capacity. A report on discussions is presented by the Chair of the Committee to the full Board and any recommendations made by the Committee can only be implemented following full Board approval.
The Committee will:
- oversee the strategic direction and target setting for the College and the Governing Body;
- review, annually, the Strategic Objectives and targets of the Governing Body and the College;
- monitor the internal self-assessment process for the Governing Body and the College;
- monitor the external assessment of the College’s performance; (amended 23 November 2010)
- monitor the implementation of the Strategic Objectives of the Governing Body and the College;
- by producing a Self-Assessment Report on Governance and Capacity to Improve Plan, annually review the work of the Committees and the Governing Body; (amended 23 November 2010)
- monitor compliance with the Instruments & Articles of Government;
- make proposals for procedures and policies which will facilitate the work of the Governing Body;
- raise awareness of the work of the Governing Body with staff, students, parents and local business communities.
At least 3 members must be present to constitute a quorum, the majority of whom must not be members of staff.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
The Committee shall normally meet three times per year although additional meetings can be convened, as necessary.
ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS
Independent, Staff and Student Governors attend this meeting as full members of the Committee.
REVIEW OF TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Terms of Reference for this Committee shall be reviewed every 4 years at the first meeting of the academic year.