Terms of Reference
The Quality Committee shall be responsible for:
1. Overseeing the strategic planning process and agreement of the Three-Year Development Plan, that will lead to or sustain high quality for the College and the Governing Body.
2. Monitoring the implementation of the strategic priorities for quality improvement of the Governing Body and the College as agreed in the Three-Year Development Plan with the LSC.
3. Annually reviewing the work of the Governing Body and its Committees as part of the annual internal self-assessment and action planning process for the College.
4. Regularly reviewing the strategic objectives and targets of the Governing Body and the College.
5. Monitoring the external assessment of the College’s performance through, for example, Investors in People, the HMI Annual Assessment visit and Inspection.
6. Monitoring the Governing Body’s compliance with the Instruments & Articles of Government.
7. Making proposals for procedures and policies which will facilitate the effective work of the Governing Body.
8. Raising awareness of the work of the Governing Body with staff, students, parents and the local business communities through Governors’ Newsletter and Annual General Meeting.