Terms of Reference
The Personnel Committee comprises 5 members, including the Principal. Membership of the Committee is reviewed annually.
EXTENT OF POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE
This Committee operates in an advisory capacity. A report on discussions is presented by the Chair of the Committee to the full Board and any recommendations made by the Committee can only be implemented following full Board approval.
The Committee will:
1. determine a framework for the pay & conditions of service of all staff, other than Senior Postholders; (amended 7 November 2000)
2. advise the Corporation on the selection and appointment policy for staff and on all matters relating to the Conditions of Service for employees of the Corporation;
3. advise the Principal on the policies and procedures for discipline for all staff, other than Senior Postholders; (amended 7 November 2000)
4. advise the Corporation on the rules and procedures to be adopted by the Special Purposes Committee;
5. periodically review and propose amendments to relevant personnel policies;
6. liaise with recognised Trade Unions, as appropriate; (amended 14 March 2011)
7. report to the Corporation on the work of the Committee.
At least 3 members must be present to constitute a quorum, the majority of whom must not be members of staff.
APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR
The Committee Chair shall be appointed annually, at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 April.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
The Committee shall normally meet three times per year although additional meetings can be convened, as necessary.
ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS
Designated members of staff in attendance at the meeting are the Vice-Principal (Student Support & Guidance) and Personnel Manager.
REVIEW OF TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Terms of Reference for this Committee shall be reviewed every 4 years at the first meeting of the academic year.