Finance & General Purposes Committee
Terms of Reference
The Finance & General Purposes Committee shall be responsible for :
1. Overview of the College’s financial activities. (amended 3 October, 1997)
2. Monitoring the effective and efficient use of resources.
3. General Purposes: related issues especially Premises Contracts, commercial activities. (updated 15 October 1993)
4. Making recommendations to the Board of Governors on :
- annual estimates of income and expenditure
- major variations of expenditure
- capital expenditure requirements including loans
- the College’s accommodation strategy
5. Reviewing arrangements for securing value for money, solvency and safeguarding of assets, including Estates Contracts and income generation.
6. Approving virement between Budget heads.
7. Approving capital expenditure within the approved programme and monitoring capital projects.
8. Determining tuition and other fees.
9. Determining the College’s investment and borrowing policies.
10. Monitoring the work of the College solicitor and other professional consultants, including Terms and Fees. (amended 3 October, 1997)
11. Monitoring of Health & Safety. (updated 3 October, 1997)