Electronics at OSFC is a practical subject in which you will develop the skills and knowledge required to design, make, test and modify circuits to meet an agreed project target. An exciting feature of the course is the flexibility to individually choose projects for your assignments. You’ll also learn from knowledgeable tutors to develop skills for programming microcomputers. We recommend you study Maths to at least AS level to support development of the necessary skills and to allow progression beyond A level.
Higher Education Destinations:
- The University of Manchester – Software Engineering
- The University of Manchester – Anatomical Sciences with Industrial/Professional Experience (4 years)
- The University of Salford – Aeronautical Engineering with Foundation Year
- The University of Liverpool- Engineering
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Medical Physics
A minimum Grade 5 in GCSE Mathematics and Additional Science, a minimum grade B in GCSE Core Science.
70% Exam 30% Coursework
Student Case Studies:
“I wanted to study Electronics specifically as an A Level and this was the only College I could find that offered it. I also thought OSFC offered a positive working environment in which I could strive to reach my potential and this is what I’ve experienced. There are many study spaces and an extensive library where I can do any research or work out of class. Electronics is a good mix of both theory and practical work that helps explain what you have learnt.”
Robson is planning to travel for a while when he leaves College, before going on to university.