Higher Education Destinations:
- BIMM institute – Professional Musicianship
- The University of Manchester – Music
- The University of Huddersfield – Music Journalism
- University of Cumbria – Primary Education with QTS
- Royal Northern College of Music – Music
Year 1 40% written exam 60% practical exam
Year 2 40% written exam 60% practical exam
What Students Say:
“Music has always been something I have found interesting and enjoyable. I continued it to A Level as I was eager to learn more. Studying orchestral set works has allowed me to develop my score reading and analytical understanding of music. I have found it rewarding to combine my knowledge of historical events with the developments of music. I mainly study scientific courses, so it has been interesting to allow time for creative thinking and problem solving in listening exercises and essay writing. Singing in the enrichment choir has been a rewarding social activity.” – Morgan Gibson.
Morgan is now studying Mathematics at Oxford but hopes to continue with music performance and understanding in his own time.