Higher Education Destinations:
- Bangor University – History with Journalism
- Leeds Beckett University – Music Production and Performance
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Multimedia Journalism
- Students progress to a broad array of institutions inlcuding Russell Group Universities
- Public Relations
- Advertising and Marketing
As well as the standard entry requirements for A Level study, it is necessary to have achieved at least a grade 4 in English Language GCSE to equip you for the challenge of the course writing skills!
70% of the course will be examined by an external examination. 30% will be assessed through the ‘Creating Media’ component which is coursework based.
What Students Say:
“I chose to study this subject because I want to go in to media as a career – writing music reviews and/or producing and editing music. I have enjoyed the creative elements of the course such as having the freedom to express myself through different types of media and the chance to be creative in coursework.We had to plan a music video in year 12 which was perfect for me as I’m really in to music. When I leave College I’m planning to go on to university to study a media/journalism course.” – Calum Knight.