Higher Education Destinations:
- The University of Huddersfield – English Language
- The University of Manchester – English Language for Education
- The University of Sheffield- Law
- Leeds College of Art – Creative Advertising
- The University of Huddersfield – Sports Journalism
- The University of Leed s- English Language and Linguistics
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Market Research
We offer a range of enrichment opportunities including
- a creative writing enrichment class for those who particularly enjoy writing and for students considering a career involving writing.
- Support for students wishing to apply for Oxford and Cambridge.
What Students Say:
“I chose English Language because I’m interested in pursuing journalism as a career and felt this subject would be useful. I enjoyed doing creative writing as a part of the coursework. Preparing an article based on style models of newspaper articles was particularly interesting as we had to write in similar style to the style models we found. The second piece of coursework involved writing a short story also based on a style model. It allowed me to be creative when writing. I’d like to go on to study English as a combined degree with another subject which is relevant to the field of journalism.” – Palvisha Khan.
“Personally I enjoyed the coursework elements of English Language, as they allowed me to write my own pieces and develop my writing skills and techniques. The topics I have studied have been very interesting and allowed me to expand my knowledge of linguistics in a way that differs from GCSE English. It’s a more focused course that explores how power and technology, among other aspects, influence the language we use. When I leave College I hope to go on to university to further my education, which will allow me to gain qualifications that open up greater prospects in the future.” – Rebecca Lutener.