Higher Education Destinations:
- Edge Hill University – Primary English Education with QTS
- Cambridge University – History
- Glyndŵr University – Animal Studies
- The University of Salford – English with Creative Writing
A 4 in English Language and English Literature. If you have not taken English Literature at school get in touch and we will discuss other ways in which we can evaluate your love of reading and essay writing skills!
AS 100% exam
A Level 80% exam 20% coursework
- Creative writing for those who enjoy writing stories and poems and for students who are particularly interested in following a career involving writing.
- Theatre and lecture visits.
- Support for able students who wish to apply for Oxford and Cambridge.
What Students Say:
“I thought the variety of this course would allow me to continue studying literary texts, in particular plays and poetry, whilst being able to write creatively and study language and non-fiction. I really enjoy the texts we study, in particular the play A Streetcar Named Desire. I have gained creative writing skills whilst developing my understanding of the texts through the creative responses. I like the reassurance I get from the supportive teachers who offer their guidance and knowledge. Taking this English combined course should provide a stepping stone to a career in Journalism, which I hope to go on to study at university.” – Scott McDowell.