Higher Education Destinations:
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Economics
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Banking and Finance
- Manchester Metropolitan University – International Business Management
- The University of Huddersfield – Accounting and Finance
- ifs University College- Banking Practice and Management
- The University of Salford – Business and Financial Management
A minimum Grade 4 in English and Mathematics is desirable alongside an interest in current affairs.
What Students Say:
“I enjoy Financial Studies because it’s so different from any other subject you would usually study – it’s very relevant to life and will help you in everyday situations. It also makes you aware of the different types of risk which you could get into when you’re older and how to deal with this. It applies to both academic life and also your social life. When I leave College I’m hoping to find a job in the financial industry so this subject has been perfect for me” – Bethany Gilbert.
“The skills developed in Financial Studies can be useful in different ways. Finance has improved my personal financial management skills and has enabled me to use these skills to help friends and family financially, which shows College can help you progress in life outside education too. When I leave College I’m hoping to go on to study Finance, Risk and Investment in the IfS School of Finance and then progress on to a career in Investment Banking” – Mohammed Islam.