Higher Education Destinations:
- The University of Huddersfield – Contemporary Art and Illustration
- The University of Huddersfield – Interior Design
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Product Design and Technology
- Leeds Beckett University – Landscape Architecture and Design
- The University of Oxford – Fine Art with French Studies
C or above in Art & Design GCSE or a pass BTEC. The ability to draw and paint is essential.
What Students Say:
“I enjoy Art in particular because there is a lot of freedom regarding what you can do in this subject. You’re able to choose the styles of work that suit you and experiment with a range of ideas to see which works best for you” – Jason Tighe.
Jason hasn’t yet decided between university or an apprenticeship when he leaves College.
“Art relaxes me. I feel independent and enjoy getting on with my work and being able to express myself. Also, the tutors are enthusiastic and approachable” – Kelly Butterworth.
Kelly hopes to go on to university to study Sports Journalism after College, and plans to carry on with art in her spare time.