Are you an aspiring outstanding teacher?
Are you constantly looking for new ways to engage and challenge young people in the classroom?
Do you want to inspire colleagues and share best practice?
- To develop a common language for teaching and learning
- To deepen understanding of outstanding classroom practice
- To raise performance in the classroom by encouraging creativity and developing more innovative practice
- To become a more reflective practitioner
- To develop coaching skills and develop the practice of others
Oldham Sixth Form College is delighted to offer the Outstanding Teacher Programme developed by OLEVI and accredited by the NCTL.
The programme has a national reputation for improving standards in teaching and learning. It is delivered by our outstanding team of OLEVI accredited facilitators who are either ASTs or Senior Leaders responsible for Teaching and Learning. OLEVI’s Outstanding Teacher Programme gives good (and outstanding) teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably oustanding.
The programme is comprised of five half days and two full days. It is delivered through face-to-face facilitated sessions and classroom observations around the college. The session will focus on a range of teaching and learning aspects such as engagement, challenge, assessment, differentiation, questioning, reflection and planning. Participants will be expected to complete post-session tasks back in their own school or college, to consolidate ideas from each session and apply them to their own context.
This programme is open to teachers with the potential and capacity to deliver consistently outstanding lessons. Applicants need to :
- Be ‘Good’ with the potential to achieve ‘Outstanding’
- Have at least 3 years teaching experience
- Be a highly respected, inspiring professional who demonstrates high order interpersonal skills
- Have a commitment both to continuing their professional development and that of other staff
Participants become much more reflective about their teaching and much more aware of how to make their lessons consistently outstanding. This includes placing greater emphasis on: the purpose of the value of their lessons; raising levels of engagement in learning; the use of teaching styles to challenge learning; greater readiness to innovate and take risks; and more reflective planning.
£650 per delegate
£600 per additional delegate from the same college.
There is an expectation that participants will attend all of the sessions. The programme works best if two or more teachers attend from the same college. However, the programme is available to individuals if required. Feedback from previous delegates:
Feedback from previous delegates:
“The OTP course has made me more confident in my teaching, challenging my expectations. It has enabled me to reflect on my own practice and allowed me to take risks and change my planning in order to stretch pupils further” – Sadia, Waterhead Academy