Mission Statement & Values
OSFC has a clear Mission, which is reviewed annually. It has not been drastically reworked since the College’s inception and underpins all aspects of the College’s work.
“To provide an outstanding, inclusive education for our students so that they are equipped to the very best of their abilities to move on to Higher Education and employment.”
- To place students’ outcomes in their broadest sense, at the heart of our work
- To promote, facilitate and achieve strong progression routes for our students
- To support our learners so they become independent and responsible
- To promote tolerance and appreciation of diversity in a culture of respect
- To have a curriculum offer closely informed by Higher Education and employment opportunities
- To be outstanding in all areas of our work
- To support the social and economic development of the region through the provision of a well-qualified and highly skilled future work force
- We are OPEN
We are an open college, where students have access to wide-ranging opportunities and safe environment to meet new people and celebrate diversity. We are a college built around mutual respect, where students have the freedom and liberty to ask questions and express themselves in accordance with the law.
- We are SUCCESSFUL
We are a successful college, where students are equipped with outstanding skills and knowledge, and challenged to raise their aspirations and exceed potential, regardless of their background, abilities of beliefs, so they can play a positive part in British society.
- We are FAMILY
We are a college family, bonded by a commitment for respecting individuality and difference, all sharing positive aspirations of a free and happy future. Our students are understanding and tolerant of others and willing to stand up for one another against injustice and oppression through democracy and fairness.
- We are CONFIDENT
We are a confident college, where students are given responsibility to work hard and represent themselves, becoming resilient and focused to transform their future. Our students benefit from strong partnerships and pathways, learn from challenges and experience, and are ready to continue their journey with conviction and purpose.